Video Games: The Movie Review





Video Games: The Movie Review
Director: Jeremy Snead


Whilst I liked this documentary somewhat, I felt that it left a huge history gap in the 1980's, the main era of gaming development. I enjoyed the Atari 2600 coverage but, the next thing I knew we were on to the Nintendo Entertainment System? Absolutely no mention at all of the Commodore 64, ZX Spectrum, Amiga, Atari ST, or the entire history of the UK gaming industry nor it's pioneers (of which there were many!). This just left a sour taste in my mouth for the rest of the film, and I found it quite hard to get over to be honest.

It's redeeming features were great candid interviews with some of the industry pioneers such as Nolan Bushnell (Atari), Allan Alcorn (Pong), Brian Fargo (Interplay), and Louis Castle (Westwood Studios).

So, I recommend that you do watch it for the great console history coverage, but don't take it as the gospel of video gaming history.

Monkspeed Rating: 75%



No comments:

Post a Comment